Important Do’s And Don’ts About Sleeping During Pregnancy
Pregnant women are very special, their condition is blessed and they should behave in a special manner as well. Even though being pregnant is something beautiful, still this condition can cause a lot of discomfort while standing, walking and sitting. Furthermore, the discomfort arises even more when a woman’s belly grows, especially during sleeping.
Besides that, there are some other discomforts as well, such as back pain, frequent urination, shortness of breath, etc. This is why we are going to show you some advices so that you can enjoy your sleep while being pregnant.
- In order to protect your baby’s and your heart’s health, it is recommended to sleep on the left side since it enables proper blood supply to your baby.
- On the other hand, pregnant women should never sleep on their back since it presses both the baby and the mother’s organs.
- The best solution for pregnancy, are maternity pillows since they are specifically designed for this phase. Moreover, they also lift and rest the adequate body parts.
- Pregnant women are not able to hold the urine for long period of time since the bladder’s capacity decreases. In order to prevent waking up in the middle of the night, make sure to drink liquids earlier in the day, and not 2 hours before going to bed.
- The size of the abdomen is changing during every trimester and this requires different comfort levels. This means that you should sleep according to your possibilities. During the first trimester, the sleeping position is not so important. However, once you get in the second trimester, you should definitely start sleeping on your left side. During the third trimester, sleep in your favorite position, but don’t sleep on your back.
- Another important thing we should mention is that you should definitely wear looser clothes so that your body can breathe during sleeping.
- At last but not least, try some meditation prior sleeping in order to keep your mind free of worries.