Your Core After Giving Birth NEEDS Re-Strengthening – 5 Exercises to Gradually Re-Shape the Body
If you are worried, after delivering the baby, how to re-shape your body that is not a serious problem. Of course, it takes time for your body, and especially your belly, to fully recover from pregnancy. Even you delivered the baby you may look as if you’re still six months pregnant. The most affected area of the body is the mid-section (abdomen, back and hips), so your focus should be to find a way how to strengthen core area.
After the period of 6 weeks of the baby birth, women are strongly recommended to re-strengthen their core by following some programs of exercises. Before starting the exercises you should consult the doctor to be sure that you don’t have any complications that don’t allow you do them.
Here are the exercises which will help you to re-strengthen your postpartum core, but don’t expect that it will happen over the night, you need longer period and the results will be seen gradually.
Deep Belly Breathing
– Start by lying on your back, take a deep breath through your nose and breathe out completely through your mouth.
– Each breath should be approximately 3 seconds
Note: breathing should be fully expanding with the contracting of the stomach
– Start on lying position on your back, bent knees bent and feet flat on the floor
– Your arms are extended at your sides and palms flat on the floor,
– Raise your pelvis toward the ceiling and hold this position for 3 seconds
– Then slowly return your torso back down to the floor and repeat.
Bent Leg Raises
– The starting position is on your back, arms on your sides, bent knees and your feet flat on the floor.
– Raise one leg towards your chest and bring it back down to the floor slowly
– Repeat the step with your another leg
– You can also do this move with both legs.
– Start by lying on the floor with the face down and fully extended body horizontally
– Raise the body on your forearms and toes
– Your elbows should be directly beneath your shoulders and your body should form a straight line
– Suck in your belly button into your spine in order to engage your core
– When you are in plank position, hold for 30 seconds.
– Start with a side plank position with your legs fully extended
– Support your upper body up on your left elbow and forearm
– Lift your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from
– Hold the side plank position for 30 seconds
– Change the side and repeat
It should be integrated into a routine workout with short sets of 1-2 and gradually increase the sets to 3 or 4 as you felt stronger.
Always consult the medicinal experts
You need only an exercise mat or thick towel
Wear Postpartum Girdle which will enhance the effects
The effects will be seen gradually